Sunday, April 5, 2009

More useless wedding updates...

Okay, so mixed reactions on the blog. Heather made some snarky comment but she's just jealous that she doesn't have a blog. (just kidding...you know I love ya) I do love the other comments though. This could be fun.
So I told Doug I would put wedding stuff on this, so here's the update.
We're tying on the ole ball and chain in Southport on Nov. 21 at the Community Center. This place has an awesome view and thanks to my sparkling personality,we managed to get the Nov slot. It shouldn't be too cool but even if it is....people can just wear a jacket, I mean, come on, it's the beach, right??
The dress....well, does the term "scary-polar bear-like-ice-princess" mean anything??.. because that's sort of the nightmare I keep having. So, basically, I haven't tried any on. However, I have had the pleasure of making my bm's try on dresses. It was awesome. We can't decide if we're going for more of a "skanky barmaid" or "matronly pilgrim" look. Maybe we could find a nice combination of the two. However, the colors are going to be purple and brown. or lavender and mocha. or lilac and espresso. We don't like the use the pedantic terms "purple and brown." So, choose whatever crayola names you like.
My mom is thoroughly enjoying this whole process. We suggested that we have barbecue at the reception and I think she needed oxygen. She manages to quell my extreme tackiness that tends to sneak out every once and while. (who wouldn't want an entire set of inflatable furniture?)

2 comments:

  1. So, have you gone with skanky pilgram or matronly barmaid? I want to hear the results of that!

    And what is wrong with BBQ at a reception? We did that and it was great! We had to show my western in-laws what real BBQ is!

    oh - horseheadnebula is something my husband thought was way cool - so now I have to answer all the questions about it! Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to see what bm dress you pick out! Pick Skanky Barmaid, its been forever since I was skanky.........well I guess that is probably a matter of opinion! I hate that I am far away! I should come for a weekend and go shopping with you and the other skanky gals!

    ReplyDelete