Tuesday, April 14, 2009

So, mama and I ordered the save the date cards. I'm not really sure why we send those out now. I guess people just need a lot of time to prepare for weddings. I wonder who came up with the idea of "save the dates." I sometimes wonder if maybe people just come up with ideas and see how many people will start doing the same thing. I mean, because, seriously, don't we already send out invitations with the date? But what can I say, I'm a slave to trends. So I ordered these super cute postcard save the dates. Cheap, cute and effective, just the way we Dixons like it. (or soon to be Pratts) I also found out that Julie is going to fly down to try on dresses which is absolutely thrilling. That's going to be an awesome weekend.
Doug's dream has come true-we can register for our stuff online. He doesn't have to endure the utter agony of going into a store. We're pretty ying and yang on that-which works out. He thinks shopping is sort of plague, whereas I border on addiction. So we meet in the middle, which is great. Of course, when I say "we" are going to register....I'm pretty sure that I'll pick out most of it and let him click the mouse once or twice so he feels involved. Another thing I love about Doug, he doesn't really care what I pick out as far as wedding and registry stuff goes. What a good man.

3 comments:

  1. I had to laugh - Joe DETESTS shopping, and; well...you know me. When we went to register he actually physically wrestled the gun from my hands and started registering for things like shampoo, hairspray, a $400 TV, I think he registered for Chutes and Ladders...I had to go online afterwards and erase half the crap on our list. I guess he considered it payback for making him go with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott registered for Mountain Dew. Can I tell you how much of that we got at wedding showers? We were set for a while... (My mom was mortified) Registering is fun, I hope you enjoy it, even since you aren't going to a store.

    The picture you posted is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is July? My June weekends just got taken.

    ReplyDelete