Monday, June 29, 2009

I am a pretty, pretty princess and I dare anyone to say otherwise

So....Let's see. I basically had a panic attack about the whole dress thing. I mean, come on, let's face it, I'm not going to be making the cover of Brides magazine. Now, don't go and send me an email and tell me I'm going to be a beautiful bride...I know you all love me or you wouldn't read this boring dribble. (or at least you are extremely bored) So after I hyperventilated and told Doug we should go to Vegas, my mom (God bless her) talked me out of the bell tower and into a calm, leisurely day of "looking around." You know, she used that voice that you use when you talk to crazy people...you talk really slowly and softly and move your head a lot....you know what I'm talking about. So we decided to just go look at stuff and maybe that would assuage my fears. There was one brand of dress that I really liked. I had spend most of the year looking at pictures of dresses and this brand was way less skanky than the others. The closest place that had that brand was Jacksonville. So I figured I could look at dresses and be patriotic at the same time. So we made a day of it. The lady at the dress shop didn't shriek in horror when I asked to try on dresses...so things were starting off well. We picked about 10 dresses to try so I took a deep breath and dove in. (and those of you who have tried on those dresses know that I really do mean "dive" in....the girl holds the dress out and you dive into a pool of white taffeta, the whole time hoping that at some point you will see daylight again) So , the first two dresses were pretty, I was starting to feel better. Then the dress girl said she had the dress she knew I would love. I smiled that fake "yeah, I'm sure you're right..." smile. Well, she was right. It was the dress that I had found online, oddly enough. It was perfect. I immediately became "that" girl. I got all teary eyed and she fluffed out the train and it was love at first sight. So perfect. Mama agreed that it was the right one. I tried on some other ones just for kicks and giggles but it was too late. It's so true too, you really know the dress when you put it on. I loved it. Another funny thing was it was exactly the opposite of what I told her I wanted. I said, no sparkles, no train.....uh, yeah....it has sparkles and a semi-cathedral train. Man, there is just something about that train. All of of sudden, you're like Princess Diana going down the aisle. (hopefully with a much different outcome) So we have the dress. Now we turn our attention to my bridesmaids, who lucky me, come in all different body types. But fear not! We will figure this out. I don't really care anymore. I'm just going to wear my dress and smile at my subjects from my pumpkin carriage.

2 comments:

  1. I am crying!! You are the most amazing person inside and out. I can't wait to see you in your princess dress! Is it available to look at online so I can see what it looks like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you found a dress you love! that is wonderful! I hope you post pictures, after the wedding, of course. I'm glad you are having a good time with the wedding planning. Some just despise it and you wonder if they even want to get married...

    Congrats on the dress again!

    ReplyDelete