Tuesday, June 9, 2009

U-Haul Derby..followed with a yummy grass kabob

So, we moved to a cute little house in Southport. I just love it. I wander around, pretending that I know diddly-squat about being a house wife and Doug humors me. It's a work in progress. The moving process was not so fluid. I'm waiting at Tammy's house for Daddy and Marshall to get there with the moving truck and I get a phone call from Marshall. He says that Daddy wrecked the U-Haul. My brain takes a few seconds to process this, naturally. The best news-no one was hurt. The bad news-both the U-Haul and the other car were totalled. So I felt like total crap because here I am,once again, moving... continuing my everlasting quest to break the Guinness book of records for most moves in a 5 year space of time. Well, needless to say, everyone was quite shaken up so we called off the move for that day. Daddy had just gotten his magic legs so we didn't want him to overdo it.Thank god he is okay. As I told him, trucks and furniture can be replaced... a great daddy can't.
Thanks to the awesome combined efforts of mine and Doug's amazing families...we finally got everything done on Sunday. Eric is some kind of moving machine. I think at one point, he picked up a couch and threw it in the house. And he wonders where his kids get their ungodly strength and energy...I'm telling you, if you want a moving job done at the speed of light, ask Eric. I think he officially relinquished all further moving rights to Doug though, which I understand. What would I do without my family?
Tammy and Mama helped me set up and decorate the house. They temper my taste...with their help, we have a respectable grown up house instead of looking like a 12 year old girls bedroom full of blow up furniture and dripping in purple.
Little Doug's room is the cutest. If you can apply the term "cute" to camo. His grandma got his awesome furniture and mama got him a comforter set and curtains. It's very "GI Joe." It'll be a nice place for him to live when he gets back from his next tour in Iraq.
We have a cute backyard with a privacy fence. I happily wave at the boys outside as I sit in the A/C inside. I can enjoy the view just fine from the nice and cool living room.
Doug is a grilling machine. He's teaching LD to grill and they have a good time, although LD did tell me he made and grilled a leaf and twig kabob and last night he was grilling corn chips and crackers. Hey-to each their own but I think I'll let the boys eat that one....

2 comments: