Tuesday, June 9, 2009

polar bears are not a sign of love

So I know that all of you have been waiting on pins and needles for an update. Finally, I feel like I have a little time. It's that time of the year for teachers...you know, finals, grades, pay cuts, etc. It's been busy. I know that Doug keeps meaning to get on here and write something. (that's a joke, by the way) I might be able to trick him into writing something on here if I told him that A-Rod read our blog.....
So wedding crap...
Well, we picked the save the dates. So darn cute. Funny story about mama going to mail them. (please don't kill me for posting this mama, it's just too funny)
I get this voicemail the other day from mama. It's sort of a ranting voicemail about mailing save the dates. So she tells me that she went to the post office and when she got the desk, the guy told her that they only had polar bear stamps. She did not take this well. She (in her extreme southern accent that comes on her when she gets fired up) told him that this was for her daughters wedding and she was not putting polar bears on them..she needed something cute. He replied "uh...some people think that polar bears are cute." to which she snarkily replied. "well they're not." and stormed out of the post office, save the dates in hand. She was determined to go online and find cute stamps but to her utter dismay, the redneck post office guy was right....they only have polar bears. So not only will our save the dates be cute and purple but reflect our deep love of arctic animals.

1 comment:

  1. well, it is a southern summer wedding - you need to bring the cool in somehow!

    ReplyDelete